Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Good evening! It's January first, so my project can finally officially begin. A recap: in 2012 I'm trying to read at least 100 books from start to finish. I have a bad habit of starting things and never finishing, even if I like them perfectly well, so I'm hoping that reporting on my progress here will keep me accountable. I will post at least short reviews of all 100 books, and will post progress updates most other days. (I'm not pledging a post every day, because that's just dooming myself to failure, but I'll manage as close to that as I can.)

I'm only counting books that I started in 2012, so first on the list is the one I started shortly after midnight: Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbalestier. I've only read a few chapters so far, because my family has a big annual New Year's Day party that's taken up all my time today, but I love it already. I'll probably finish it by tomorrow; next on my list to start are Catherine the Great by Robert Massie (a Christmas gift) and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John Le Carre, because I'm planning to see the movie next weekend.

I had a list of ten unfinished or abandoned books I was trying to finish before starting this project, and I got through five of them, which isn't too bad. I finished Claire de Lune last night and will have a review for you soon. I'm about 100 pages from the end of Secrets of a Summer Night, and I'm planning to finish it as soon as I'm through writing this. I'll try to finish the others soon as well, but they won't count toward my 100 since I started them before 2012.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment