Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Miscalculation

I am enjoying Saving Francesca but didn't finish it, planning to renew it at the library today - but they wouldn't let me. I assumed that meant someone else had requested it, but no, I just checked the catalog and it isn't on hold. They were just being mean, apparently. Sigh. (Some of the people who work at this library are mean to everyone, all the time. It makes me sad.) So I've requested it again, and in the meantime I will continue with Imaginary Girls and start the Steve Jobs biography, which is due on Monday. I'm going to have to make a point of carving out reading time for the next month, because the Oscar nominations were announced today, so I am embarking on my mad struggle to see as many of the nominated movies as humanly possible. So we'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. They wouldn't let you? Seriously? You need to speak with the branch manager, that's truely unacceptable. They need to be able to clearly articulate a policy driven reason why you can't renew, or they need to let you renew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you renewed it before? Some libraries have a renewal limit...but if not, you need to talk to the branch manager! Meanness should NOT be allowed. I do have an extra copy, though. Do you want me to drop it in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the offer, but that is OKAY. I should be able to get it out again soon!

      Delete