Monday, December 19, 2011

REVIEW: Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare

Once Upon a Winter's Eve is set in Tessa Dare's Spindle Cove universe, but you don't have to have read the first book to understand it - though this one did make me want to read the rest! This Regency Christmas romance novella has spies and spinsters and a practical heroine and people who learn languages for the fun of it. It's a good time. My only complaint was that it was too short . . . which I realize is sort of the point of a novella . . . but I guess I like long things. And with this, specifically, I thought there was plenty of plot and character depth to maintain a full-length novel. But that's okay! I will read Tessa's other full-length novels instead!

(Disclaimer: I've chat with Tessa on Twitter on occasion, but she in no way solicited this review, and I bought my copy - I should mention that this is an ebook - on Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment