Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend trip

I have safely made it to my parents' house for the weekend. I wound up bringing the Kindle plus Dash and Lily, Janet Evanovich's Hot Six (because it's due back at the library soon), and Team Human. I'm going to try to finish the Kindle books tomorrow so I can get started on that review.

I started Dash and Lily last night, and read more at a rest stop when I grabbed dinner tonight, and I'm loving it so far - a lot more than I expected, actually. I'm planning to read a bunch more of that tonight, and probably finish it tomorrow. One great and unusual feature: At the moment (40 pages in), I have no idea whether the characters are going to end up together, and I don't even know if I want them to. It's really refreshing. As is this line: "This was the miracle of the season, the way it put the fuck off so loud in our hearts." Preach it, Dash. Because . . . well, I love Christmas, but what he says is also very true.

I tend to get a lot of reading done when I'm at my parents' house, because I have fewer distractions/other obligations, and because they go to bed earlier than I do. So I have high hopes for making some serious progress this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment