Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Turning Christmas money into new books...

I spent some of today with a cousin I don't get to see often enough, and we started our outing at Trident. So, of course, I had to use some of my Christmas money to do my part to support one of my favorite independent bookstores! I found three books I'd been wanting, all discounted: Cover Her Face by P.D. James (her first, which I don't think I've ever read), Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (my late grandmother's favorite author), and Sister Pelagia and the White Bulldog by Boris Akunin. I am excited about all three, but not allowed to start them until January!

Since Christmas I've been reading Death Comes to Pemberley. I'll probably finish it in the next day or so, and then make a push to finish a few other of the unfinished books by the end of the week. I'm saving my new Catherine the Great to start on New Year's Day. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment